School of Pharmacy
University of Waterloo
Bachelor of Pharmacy, Hemchandracharya North Gujarat University, Patan, Gujarat, INDIA
Master of Pharmacy, Sardar Patel University, Vallabh Vidhyanagar, Gujarat, INDIA
Doctor of Philosophy (Ph.D.) In Pharmacy, Ganpat University, Kherva, Mehsana, Gujarat, INDIA
Dr. Nirav V. Patel is an Assistant Professor in Department of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Saurashtra University, Rajkot, Gujarat, INDIA. Dr. Patel is a DST INSPIRE Faculty member, whose research involves Nanotechnology development of soy isoflavones as anti-cancer therapeutics. Dr. Patel joined the University of Waterloo and Mediphage lab as a visiting scientist in May 2016 to undertake short-term training on phage display production, purification and iPHAGES technology to complement his current DST research by implementing bacteriophage-derived vectors in the treatment of cancer.
AWARDS AND GRANTS:
- Gandhian Young Technological Innovation Award 2014 by Society for Research and Initiatives for Sustainable Technology and Institutions (SRISTI), Ahmedabad
- Best Poster Presentation Award in ICONSEA, JNTU, Hyderabad, India 2014
- DST INSPIRE Faculty Award 2013 and received grant of 3.5 million from Department of Science and Technology (DST), Govt. of INDIA to conduct project on Nano-technological formulation for effective cancer treatment
- Appreciations for Gandhian Young Technological Innovation Award 2013 by Society for Research and Initiatives for Sustainable Technology and Institutions (SRISTI), Ahmedabad
- Grant of Rs. 3,000,000/- from GUJCOST, Gandhinagar for the project entitled Formulation and Evaluation of once a day tablet containing newer combination of antidiabetic drugs for type II diabetes
- Consolation position for Poster entitled “Optimization of compression coated tablets for colonic drug delivery of Budesonide by Box-Behnken Statistical design” in International symposium - INDO AMERICAN PHARMACEUTICAL REGULATORY SYMPOSIUM held at Institute of Pharmacy, Nirma University from 11-13 November, 2011.
SELECTED RECENT PUBLICATIONS:
- Nirav Patel, Niyati Padia, Neha Vadgama,Mihir Raval, Navin Sheth (2016) Formulation and evaluation of microsponge gel for topical delivery of fluconazole for fungal therapy, Journal of Pharmaceutical Investigation,1-18.
- Nirav Patel, Vaishali Thakkar, Viral Metaliya, Lalji Baldania, Tejal Gandhi, Mukesh Gohel (2016) Drug Formulation and development of ophthalmic in situ gel for the treatment ocular inflammation and infection using application of quality by design concept. Dev Ind Pharm. Jan 29:1-18.
- Nirav V. Patel, Navin R. Sheth, Behzad Mohddesi (2015) Formulation and Evaluation of Genistein – A Novel Isoflavone Loaded Chitosan and Eudragit® Nanoparticles for Cancer Therapy. Materials Today: Proceedings, 2, (9), Part A, 2015, 4477–4482.
- Nirav Patel, Neha Vadgama (2015) Aptamer: “smart bomb” facilitates delivery of drugs to the cancer cells. Pharmaceutical and Biological Eval., October 2015; 2 (5): 122-132.
- Nirav Patel, Manoj Baldaniya, Mihir Raval & Navin Sheth (2015) Formulation and Development of In Situ Nasal Gelling Systems for Quetiapine Fumarate-Loaded Mucoadhesive Microemulsion. Journal of Pharmaceutical Innovation, December, 10 (4), 357-373.
- Nirav Patel, Vaishali Thakkar, Parita Moradiya, Tejal Gandhi, Mukesh Gohel (2015) Optimization of curcumin loaded vaginal in-situ hydrogel by boxbehnken statistical design for contraception. Journal of Drug Delivery Science and Technology, October 2015, 29, 55–69.